DHC- Deep Cleansing Oil
2.3 fl.oz (70 ml)- £12.50
The DHC cleansing oil is a gem! I initially purchased this product after reading about how oil cleansing not only cleanses your face but it doesn’t strip away the skins natural oil barrier!
I have been suffering from dry flaky skin for the longest time and it was very frustrating trying to find a gentle but effective cleanser. My skin was screaming out for hydration.
Not only did I find a good cleanser but this actually fixed by dry flaky skin problem, as it doesn’t strip away the natural oils of your skin, this helps the skin to stay hydrated.
I can’t believe how well it has worked and how it has changed my skin (click to read my skin journey ▿).
An ideal cleanser should be gentle but one that cleanses your face properly ensuring it takes away all the impurities it has accumulated on your face at the end of your day.
The science behind it is that the ‘bad oils’ on your face formed by makeup, excess sebum and other impurities should be removed. The ‘good oil’ – the facial oil binds with bad oil and removes with the oil cleansing method.
Oil cleansing not only removes impurities but it also leaves skins natural oils behind so it helps it to stay hydrated.
Facial oils are not the same as cooking oils, so you have buy ones formulated for the skin. Balm cleansers work similarly to oil cleanser and would be an ideal choice for a gentle cleansing method.
DHC deep cleansing oil- The oil comes in a bottle with a pump, which dispenses easily and not messy. It has few ingredients used to form this facial oil cleanser so you know exactly whats going on your face. It smells like olive oil (one of its main ingredient), very pleasant to me. As its an oil, the consistency is how you would expect an oil to be. (How to use method below).
I have used this oil cleanser for nearly 2 years now and I highly recommend it. My skin has improved so much, the dry flaky skin is non existent and the overall condition of my skin feels soft and smooth, this has also helped with reducing my pores. I have re-purchased this a number of times and would continue to do so.
Product rating: 5/5
Oil and balm cleansers are used in a slightly different way to the usual procedure, from my research and my tried and tested method this will give you the best result.
- Make sure you wash and dry your hands before you start
- Get 2/3 pumps of oil and massage onto DRY face, eyes and don’t forget your neck
- Massage for about 20-30 seconds (massage over your makeup)
- Now get a little amount of water in your palm (make a little puddle in your palm) and start rubbing and you’ll see the oil turn milky white, massage your whole face the same way (add more water if needed)
- Now its time to wash it off. You can either just splash water over your face or use a damp face towel to remove the oil and finish your cleanse. ( I just splash water on my face, until its all gone)
- Pat your face dry with a clean towel and go onto your next skincare routine.
** Disclaimer: skin is of all different types and one product does not work the same way for everyone, so do keep in mind that all opinions expressed on the blog posts belong solely to the author.